Somehow I feel aggrieved that YOS has snuck up on me. Oh no it hasn’t, we all cry. I have been posting and distributing brochures for weeks. All of the major work is done, there is some stretching and framing to do, I could get more things printed and get other bits tweaked but I am not sure. Something about 2 weeks to go gets me anxious that 3 weeks to go didn’t.
Little Things Made and To Make – –
- Pot sleeves. The prototype is growing on me. That it is covering up an upside down lampshade I use as a brush pot may influence my response.
2. Two bookcovers have been made out of old sketches. An old piece I have fallen out of love with will be next to be chopped. These are a very basic design, slip covers, but are time and material greedy. They also require straight lines and measurement, it is like being back in school.
3. The printed fabric – still debating about how to use it. The scarf has had mixed responses (mostly from me) but at least is a fair make even with the topstitching. I have lined it with a very soft fine calico ( bit too bright but….) I have one more full width of the double mirrored design – scarf 2? and a strip of single mirrored which could end up as book covers – eek, or pot sleeves – ok, or be sectioned off individually – easiest to do but then what. Would quite like to hand embroider over the central stand of trees….. Sounds like a comfy sofa and decent film kind of job. hmm – potential.
4. Individual stitched cards, trees using the mini transfers I made earlier.
5. More Landscape Books – volume II & III at least – much more like fun.
6. Anything else I can think of. Maybe a scarf or two? Must not forget samples for the workshops in April and May……. oops, the list is growing….. Haven’t even got to the pricing, hanging, blurbing, admin, invites, hoovering, the annual window washing…….